Sunday, July 8, 2012

Google Docs

Google Docs- I was introduced to Google Docs during this summer session in another class.  I don't know how long this has been along or what planet I've been living on, but Google docs is great.  This is a very easy tool to use and the similarity to Word makes it very user friendly.  Google docs also serves as a great collaboration tool since group members can chat with each other while on the site and watch each other make changes to the document as they are occurring.  It can be a little intimidating to have someone watch you make changes/mistakes in grammar, but the benefits outweigh the negatives.  As much as I love Google docs and wish it was available 20 years ago, I'm not sure how much this will play a role in my freshman Alg I classroom.  I work in an economically diverse school and I found out last year, when I introduced Edmodo, not all students have access to the internet.  This will continue to be the biggest flaw with any web based learning tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment