Sunday, July 8, 2012

Twitter

Twitter-I did not have any prior experience with twitter and before using the tool, the only reason I saw for utilizing the tool was to self-promote.  I only knew of professional athletes, movie stars, and teens using it to tell the world what they were doing, thinking, or feeling.  As we have continued to use twitter, I see how easy it can be to use it for collaboration and information sharing.  The ability to ask/answer a question and have a group of people benefit from that is extremely convenient and time saving.  Personally, I don't see myself using this tool.  My personal time is extremely valuable.  Currently I teach, coach, and attend school.  Any free time I have involves sleep or food.  Professionally, since I have already experimented with Edmodo in the classroom, I think I could add twitter to enhance this application.  I am not too thrilled with Edmodo's app on my phone.  More specifically, I do not like the notification service provided by the Edmodo app.  I could use Twitter to communicate with students and Edmodo to deliver the content.  Of course, the amount of tweets I could receive would be the most frustrating feature of Twitter.  I have a difficult time making sense of all the tweets when they don't necessarily have to do with one another.  However, I don't know of any tool that is comparable to twitter, so unless Dr. Newell is going to introduce me to something better/different, Twitter will be my app of choice in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment