Sunday, July 8, 2012

Spicynodes

Spicynodes- I had no prior experience with spicy nodes, but after watching the tutorial it reminded me alot of prezi.  Since I did not really enjoy using prezi, I had mixed feelings about using this tool.  I hoped I would enjoy using it more than I did prezi, but I was skeptical about the user experience.  Spicynodes had very little in common with prezi as far as user experience.  Spicynodes worked well for me simply because the structure was very linear.  The listing of nodes made the site easier to navigate though the options within each node had a definite learning curve.  The one feature I think spicynodes needs to add is the ability to review a single node.  It is a minor inconvenience, but, when time is of the utmost importance, these inconveniences can determine whether or not a teacher will take advantage of the tool.  There are so many presentation tools at my disposal now.  PowerPoint is still the default tool due to the familiarity with the program.  I hope to expand my horizons and not stay with the status quo.  The difficulty comes with the subject I teach.  Math is not just delivering materials for memorization on a test.  Math is a process that must be understood before it can be applied.  With that said, I'm not sure if the visual enhancements provided by prezi, spicynodes, or any of the other presentation tools will strengthen the amount of comprehension or lead to sensory overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment